Streets Maintenance Department
The Streets Maintenance Department has the following responsibilities:
- Maintaining and repairing City buildings and equipment
- Landscaping City property
- Coordinating the leaf pick-up and spring cleaning programs
- Decorating the City during holiday seasons
- Getting the City ready for special events throughout the year
- Providing new residents with trash cans for residential garbage collection
New City of Inman residents, please contact City Hall at 864.472.6200 to request a rollout container. Residential garbage pickup day is every Monday.
Please take your rollout container to the curb by Sunday evening.
Spring Leaf & Limb Pick-Up
ONE DAY ONLY
Saturday, May 22, 2021
The City of Inman has changed the process for leaf and brush pick up this spring. This year Green for Life
(formerly Waste Industries) will have multiple trucks in the area to pick up leaves and brush on ONE DAY ONLY - Saturday, May 22, 2021
. Green for Life has requirements that MUST be followed in order
to pick up at your location. They are as follows…
- All grass and leaves MUST be bagged, and tied, in paper or plastic bags.
- Brush and limbs must be bundled together no more than 18 inches in diameter and no longer than 3 feet. Limbs may not be more than 2 inches in diameter. Each bag or bundle cannot exceed 50 pounds.
- No mattresses, brown or white goods, paint cans, tires or batteries accepted.
- Put all bags and bundled limbs out no later than May 21, 2021.
- Everything must be placed curbside. The garbage trucks cannot come onto driveways or yards.
**If you do not have your yard waste out on the morning of May 21, 2021, you will need to make arrangements on your own for disposal. The City will not be sending trucks out for houses that missed the deadline. THIS IS A ONE DAY ONLY PICKUP!
**Yard Waste: may be leaves, brush, grass clippings, shrub and tree pruning's and green house vegetative residuals and vegetative matter resulting from non-commercial landscaping development and maintenance other than mining agricultural, silvicutural operations.
Please remember that normal trash pick-up is on Monday so we request that you place the trash container out on Sunday evenings.
Storm Water Issues
Spartanburg County handles all storm water issues throughout the City. Check out their website for more information by clicking here
Heath Fowler, Streets Department Supervisor
ONE DAY ONLY
Every year during the spring season, City crews will pick up household items and yard waste for disposal, free of charge.
Monday, May 17, 2021
Please note: During Spring Cleanup the Street Department will come to each neighborhood only once. Bring your items to the curb for pick up. To ensure that we complete the spring cleanup in a timely manner, please be aware that we cannot pick up items that are placed at the curb after our crews have been through your neighborhood.
Items that we'll pick up:
Items that we cannot pick up:
- Appliances (must not have Freon)
- Household items
- Limbs (must be 3 inches or less in diameter and less than 8 feet in length)
- Hazardous materials
- Rubber, including tires
- Anything that can't be disposed of in a landfill
A Place to Live. A Place to Love.