Please visit for event info
20 South Main Street     Inman, SC 29349 864.472.6200 Email Us

Resources & FAQ

How do I request City documents or file a Freedom of Information Act request?

Using the contact information on this Website, please feel free to contact us via phone, email, snail mail, or in person to request City documents. Interested members of the public may inspect City documents during normal business hours.

If you wish you file a Freedom of Information Act request, then we ask that you please submit your request to us in writing and that you provide as much detail as possible on the documents that you're requesting. With a few exceptions, South Carolina law gives us ten business days to respond to your request. We charge a nominal fee for the actual costs to provide printed copies of public records.

What are the business hours for City Hall?

City Hall is open from 8:00am until 5:00pm Monday through Thursday and 8:00am - 3:00pm on Friday. City Hall offices are Closed for the following holidays:

Does the City provide weekly garbage pick-up?

Yes. The City contracts with a company that provides weekly trash pick-up within City limits. We currently do not have a recycling pick-up program. Each address is provided one 96-gallon plastic, wheeled container. If you are a new resident, please call City Hall at 864.472.6200 so we can get a trash container to you. All trash is picked up starting early each Friday morning. If you are disabled and unable to roll your container to the curb, please call City Hall and we will make arrangements to provide assistance to you.

Does the City pick up excess trash, furniture, old appliances, yard waste, and so on?

Yes. The City has a spring cleanup the last full week of April. We will advertise this service in the local paper about one month prior to start date to provide a reminder. We pick up the following items:

All items must be separated or we will not pick up anything. We will only stop by each house one time. If items are not ready for pickup, then we will not come back to pick them up. We will not go onto private property, so please place all items at the curb. Call City Hall to get your name on the list for pickup. We will not pick up batteries, paint, oil, car tires and rims, hazardous materials, or yard waste that takes longer than 10 minutes to load onto a truck. No exceptions.

Where do I go to pay my property taxes or what if I have a dispute with my property tax bill?

The Spartanburg County Treasurer accepts payments for personal and real property taxes. If you have questions about appealing your property tax bill, please contact the Spartanburg County Auditor's office.

Who do I contact about problems with stray or wild animals?

Call Spartanburg County Animal Control at 864.596.3582.

Who do I contact about tree limbs that have fallen on electrical telephone lines or that are blocking City streets?

First, please call 1.800.POWERON for Duke Energy so they can turn off the power to any affected power lines. Then contact City Hall at 864.472.6200 to report the incident. If you live outside the city limits, then call the Spartanburg County Roads and Bridges Department at 864.595.5320.

Who do I contact about receiving water service?

Please call Inman-Campobello Water District at 864.472.2858.
A Place to Live. A Place to Love.