City Hall is open for business. We respectfully ask that anyone conducting business wear a face covering and follow CDC guidelines for social distancing.
Planning & Zoning
The Zoning Administrator is responsible for implementing the City's zoning ordinance. In addition, the Zoning Administrator is responsible for issuing administrative permits for:
- Construction and renovation, including when a building permit is required
- Home-based occupations
- Temporary use permits for construction trailers, temporary offices, and so on
- Permanent or temporary signs
Please contact City Hall to schedule a consultation with the Zoning Administrator prior to opening your business, starting a construction project, or installing a sign. You will need an administrative permit in order to receive a certificate of occupancy from the CC&I Services LLC Department of Building Safety
The fee schedule for zoning applications is as follows:
- New sign permits: $25.00
- Replacement sign permits: $10.00
- Existing building modification administrative permits: $100.00
- New building construction administrative permits: $100.00
- Zoning appeals and variances: $100.00
- Rezoning application: $100.00
The City Council appoints a five-member Planning Commission to advise the City Council on planning, land use, and zoning issues within the City. The Planning Commission is also responsible for:
- Preparing and updating the City's comprehensive land use plan
- Studying and recommending changes to the zoning ordinance
- Approving subdivision plats
The Planning Commission holds its regular meetings at City Hall on the fourth Monday of every month. The meetings start at 5:00 pm.
Planning Commissioners serve four-year terms. At least three Planning Commissioners must be City residents.
Pete Miller, Chair
Zoning Board of Appeals
The Zoning Board of Appeals consists of five members who are appointed to three-year terms. The City Council appoints the Board members, who must be City residents.
The Zoning Board of Appeals hears appeals from property owners regarding the City's enforcement of the zoning ordinance. The Board has the power to grant variances (that is, exceptions) to the zoning ordinance in cases of unusual hardship. The Board only meets when someone requests a hearing. Zoning Board of Appeals meetings are open to the public and take place at City Hall.
Zoning Board Members
Kim Keadle, Chair
Dennis Staton, Zoning Administrator
Forms & Info
City of Inman Zoning Map
Click map below to view enlarged image
A Place to Live. A Place to Love.